Saturday, October 11, 2014

New Bowhunter

I have hunted with a rifle or shotgun my whole life and have always wanted to get into bow hunting.  Did not
know this would be the year when that would begin, but got a nice surprise from my oldest son last weekend.

We were meeting at a wilderness area in the Ozarks of Missouri to do some Fall turkey hunting.  He called me as we were driving down to tell me he had bought me this bow second hand.  I knew once I got one that I would be instantly adicted to shooting it, and indeed this has been the case.  On my way home from work on Monday, I picked up a decent target and some straw bales as a backstop.

I have shot every night as long as light and strength would allow.  At 20-25 yards I am putting arrows in a 5" group. It feels like the draw on the bow is perfectso I guess I am pretty lucky there.

I know I need more practice (a lot more!), but I am headed out in a bit to meet my other son and gonna sit in a ground blind and if by dumb luck a deer or turkey strays within that 20-25 yard threshhold, I am gonna send an arrow flying.

Part of my thrill about getting the bow is that I get to hunt more... a lot more.  I love being in the outdoors and this is just one more way to do it.

I have some pretty awesome kids I have to say, and only a small part of that assessment is that one of them bought me this bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment